Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheesy Stuff.......

Sitting here pondering a post and nibbling on some cheese and crackers I decided to post about cheese.  Why cheese?  Well, since you asked I'll have to tell you.  Cheese is simply one of life's little pleasures.  There are countless variations that serve as appetizers, alongside a meal or with dessert.  And, what goes better with a fresh baked baguette thean a chunk of sharp cheddar? 

In the summer when we spend time at our camp in Cape Vincent I frequently take the 10 mile ride into Clayton, NY where I visit Gold Cup Farms Cheese Store, home of River Rat Cheese.



Locally produced, it has a variety of cheeses that are of exceptional quality.  I'm a big fan of sharp cheddars and their XXX Sharp is really tasty.

And naturally, if you're buying block cheese you'll need some cheese curds for the ride home. Love that squeak it makes on my teeth.

So if you're wondering what to get me for my birthday, or next Christmas, or the 4th of July you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment