Ingredients: Cream cheese (8oz., I used about 6)
3 boneless chicken breasts
3 or 4 cloves of garlic (chopped in my mini-processor)
4 slices of bacon (which I pre-cooked in the microwave for a minute)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the cream cheese, basil and garlic in a bowl
3. Butterfly the cutlets
4. Season the inside w/ salt and pepper
5. Spoon the mixture into the middle of the breasts
6. Fold/roll the chicken up, wrap 2 or 3 slices of the bacon around and insert toothpicks to hold
7. Place in the pan and brush with butter
8. Bake on 350 for 35 - 45 minutes or until it's nice and brown and juices run clear.
The finished product, with fresh steamed carrots and rice.
Tasty and pretty rich with the cream cheese, next time I'll probably try a different kind of cheese. Actually, there are a lot of different fillings one could try. Have to think about that one a bit........ Or I could just resort to the old standard, which never fails, Cordon Bleu. Oh well, off to the kitchen to bake some more bread.