Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pancakes at work....

My co-worker and buddy Ted had an idea a year ago-He came to me and said, "Let's have a waffle breakfast for everybody at work before we go on Spring Break."   "Great idea," said I.  And we did it.



We had folks bring in their waffle irons and I whipped up waffle batter. Folks we work with brought in toppings and syrups and it was a great success (after we figured out how to not trip half the breakers in the building).  

So a new tradition was started. This past fall we did it again. The only change was we switched to pancakes. Pancakes are easier and quicker to turn out.

This past Friday we did it again.  I found a great recipe on Allrecipes.com  (Click Here for recipe) .
The white vinegar that goes into the milk "sours" it, and gives the cakes a sourdoughy taste. Good stuff.

The cool thing about Allrecipes.com is that you can scale the recipes to the number of servings you want.  In the Fall I made batter for 70 servings and had a bunch left over. For Friday I made 48 servings, which was the right amount.  Once again our co-workers brought in toppings, bacon, sausage, coffeecakes, juices and coffee. Great way to start the day!  Here's some pics.

 The Set-Up.


The chefs awaiting their first orders.

Flippin'out!

The Payoff!

Great job team!

No comments:

Post a Comment