Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Veggie Chili with Peanut Butter...

Yes, I made vegetarian chili and it had peanut butter in it. 

You know what? I'd make it again.  I've made lots of chili over the years, but never with peanut butter and always with meat.  The other day whilst surfing for something a bit different I ran across this recipe. 

I gave it a shot and was very happy with the result.

In the pot, simmering.....

We had it over brown rice, add your favorite toppings.

The peanut butter gave it a distinct peanutty taste, which I found a welcome change.
Two days later I'm still eating it, and it's better!  (Although I must confess, I boiled up a couple of Hebrew National Franks today, chopped them up and mixed them into the chili, hard to take the meat out of the meatatarian!)

If you're looking for something a bit different give it a go.....

2 comments:

  1. That is kuh-razy! I'm pretty adventurous so this is something I'll probably make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good-better the day after!

    ReplyDelete