Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chocolate and Peanut Butter....

Need I say anything more?

For some reason yesterday I started thinking about desserts or sweets, or whatever you want to call 'em.

Must have been guidance from above, because when I got home from work my better half said, "I'd like some chocolate chip peanut butter cookies this weekend."

So, the Syracuse-Nova Game isn't on until 9 pm, I got plenty of time to do it.

Alrighty, my mission today was to find a recipe that was within my talents as a baker (novice) and would taste really good. I think I did it.

Whipped some butter and added peanut butter-
Added some eggs and sugar (brown and white), and the dry stuff ( baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour)...  Then a couple of eggs (Thanks Chickens!), and the chips, Hersheys Chocolate Chips.
Looked like this-





So then, you roll out a tablespoon of dough into a little ball and dip it in sugar.
 
Place 'em on the baking sheet with parchment paper (same stuff the Declaration of Independence was written on) and using a fork, make those nice little indentations, yup I said indentations.


Bake 'em at 350 for 12 mins. or so....
 
And they look like that.


The recipe made a bunch....


But this guy was my favorite...


Well, and his little friend too....


The recipe goes like this: 
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Pinch of nutmeg
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup of Peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 cup light brown sugar (why do you taste so good?)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (next time I'll throw the whole bag in)
2 lg. eggs (cluck, cluck)
1/2 cup sugar to roll the dough balls in.

1, Beat the butter until smooth, add the p-butter
2.Add the sugars and beat for 3 mins.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat for 1 min. each.
4. Add the dry stuff (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg which you've already whisked together)Mix this until it looks mixed. 
5. Add the chips, without eating any.  Don't eat the dough either, it'll be tempting, but you don't want to end up looking like a Salmon (because of the raw eggs), which is where Salmonella comes from-you'd want to swim upstream, reproduce and die, no fun!

Then roll the dough into little balls, coat in sugar, place on parchment, press w/ fork and bake until baked (12 or 13 mins.) Place on cooling rack until cooled (they'll be cooled when cooled). Then eat 'em!






7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness your killing me, can you mail those here NOW.

    ;-)
    Laura Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't beat the peanut butter, chocolate combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope my care package with cookies is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- You're order will be processed as soon as another batch is made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL--you crackle me up! I love your little pb cookie guy. :) It's funny--I was going to whip a batch of these up too to ship to a friend who likes them (for her bday) but I didn't have time and sent some brown butter crispy treats instead (had them leftover from this week's Cookie Monday...don't tell). Now I kinda wish I'd made them so I could be munching on them right now instead of craving them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veronica,they were really good. That recipe made about 4 dozen. I brought a bag into work yesterday as did my wife. Otherwise I'd have to head to the fat farm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing, but I'm still in danger of heading to the fat farm. Cookies are my weakness so even though most of them go out the door, I usually eat at least half a dozen before they do!! So making cookies once a week for Den to bring to work isn't quite working out the way I had planned. I haven't lost anything since the beginning of the year! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete