Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

She's Baaaaackkkk!

So my dear mother returned from her Winter trip to South Carolina yesterday.
I had to unpack her car and it took me a half hour and a dozen or more trips in and out of her house.
When she goes South, she loves to shop.
 AT 78, she's still like the Energizer Bunny when it comes to shopping, and I mean shopping for deals.
You'd think she'd have driven a U-Haul, but it's a Chevy Impala.
More stuff per square inch than you can imagine.
But there was a payoff.
As I was getting ready to leave, she handed me this cool little gift.

Gotta love Mom.

Close up. Gotta love Big Lots!

And then there was the candy.

She winters in Beaufort, SC, where there's a candy store called The Chocolate Tree.
It's been around for a long time and has quite a following.

She brought us two boxes.

One with peanut butter cups.
Seriously, to die for.

And one with chocolate covered Oreos. Uh, I hit them hard last night!

And of course the White Chocolate Covered Popcorn.
Good stuff.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't post these pics of Goo Goo Clusters.
They're a Southern thing and evidently when I was a kid I liked them, and you know what? I still do!
Sorta looks like a young Pav, doesn't it?
Well, more hair and no chipmunk cheeks!

And finally she bought this for the better half, not sure what it is, but I bet the female readership does.

So that's my story of Mom's return.
I'm a lucky dude, and I know it.

Peace out!

9 comments:

  1. Them peanut butter cups wouldalasted about 5 minutes at my house...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ever been to Beaufort, Tup? I consider it one of the last quintessential old southern towns still left. Big beautiful old houses with huge covered porches on two sides, and huge live-oaks (The tree of the south) draped with Spanish moss to the ground. And a hot, wet stillness in the sweet night air, that tells you 'this is what the real South used to be like.'

    Your mother is a smart lady, Tup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine looking chocolates, there! You have one sweet mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc, My Uncle has lived there for 50 years, and I've been going off and on since the late 60's. Love the Low Country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shrimp and grits, my man - shrimp with heads-on, and real grits that take 40 minutes to cook! Low country cookin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could easily retire there Doc. Beaufort's really expanded, but you don't have to far to leave the hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, diggin the Goo Goo's...It would look more like me as a kid if it had awful rust red hair, that looked like it didn't own a comb and freckles, and had a hand with a detention in it. That article Tupper is a handbag, from what I've experienced....it is used to hold your testicles and your paycheck as only your significant other can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, and welcome home Mother Tupper!

    ReplyDelete