Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Chili Today!

I got an offer I couldn't refuse from the better half last night.

She'd make chili today, all I had to do was go to the store.
So this morning when I awoke, she said, "You still want chili?"

Well, does a bear shit in the woods?
"Yes, I do!", I responded, trying not to sound too excited.

She gave me a list, here's what was on it.

2 28 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
5 different kinds of beans, so I bought:
1 red kidney
1 chili bean (guess they're flavored)
1 garbonzo
1 white
1 black bean

1 lb. of ground beef

She sauteed onion and garlic in the pot with a little Evoo, browned the meat, added two chopped green peppers,and a half bag of River Valley Super Sweet White corn(corn added last) then mixed it all together.
Chili powder, red pepper flakes, and ground red pepper to taste and a touch of sugar.
Here it is simmering.
Simmered for about an hour, then it was time....

for the first bowl!
Still very hot.

Then I added a little shredded mozz.
Oh yeah!

I've eaten a lot of chili, and this ranks with the best, if not the best.

Got a 'Cuse basketball game to watch and this is the perfect dish for that!

Eat well my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment