Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday night.......

It's Monday night, and we all know very well, Monday's suck. 

Why does Monday suck, well simply because it's Monday.  

Unless you're retired, and I ain't, Monday's will continue to suck for the next few years.
(If I need to explain any further, please stop by, and I'll give a detailed explanation)

But, loyal readers, I digress (again), this post is about easy cooking on Monday night.

As I pondered what to make for myself and my better half, I was at a loss. 

I clicked on Allrecipes and there was a recipe for Reuben soup.
I got excited, until I saw it had kielbasa in it-No go. Reubens are made from corn beef, and kielbasa isn't corned beef and the better half hates kielbasa eventhoughhermotherispolish!  
Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Then the obvious occurred, why not make Reubens?

And that my friends, I did.

The basic ingredients.
Butter the downside, and spread some 1000 Island dressing on the topside.
Place a slice of corned beef on.
 Place a slice of swiss on that.
Place some sauerkraut on that.
Another slice of swiss.....
Another slice of corned beef.....
Grill 'em baby........

Ready, set, .........

Go!


2 comments: