Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Friday, June 3, 2011

Diet Pizza?

Or, diet and pizza?

Day 4 of my Big Fat Diet.
Thursday has been Pizza night for a while in our house, so even though I'm dieting I made pizza last night, which done properly, is pretty healthy in the right quantities.

So I found this recipe for Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita on Epicurious.

What drew me to this recipe was the cherry tomato sauce, which looked pretty damn good.
It also called for whole milk mozzarella and fresh mozzarella (the kind in water, I'd never used before).
Typically I use part skim aged mozz and shred it myself or the stuff pre-shredded out of the bag.

(As an aside I've got 8 different kinds of cheese in the fridge right now, love the stuff, but back to the pizza......)

Other than the dough listed on the recipe, I did as directed (well I made a bigger pie with my own dough).
The sauce with the cherry tomatoes was outstanding, and the fresh and whole milk mozz blended to make a creamy cheese topping.

I'd show pics but I'm having difficulty on my main PC (it's in the shop) and I'm relegated to a mini, so here's a pic from the Epicurious site.  Next time I make this I'll put my own pics up, because I'm definitely making it again.


Eat well my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Not a damn thing wrong with pizza, except the crust! But if you can get into the habit of 'carb counting' (limit your carbs for breakfast and lunch), you can have that pizza for dinner every week, just like always.

    BTW, cheese and olive oil are friends.

    Eat well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doc- I've cut back on the carbs pretty good, and I'm settling into this diet thing. Cheese and Evoo are my friends!

    ReplyDelete