Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pizza, pizza......

It's Thursday and that means pizza kids.  I made a wicked one tonight. 

I'll call this the his and hers pie.  One half for my better half and one half for me. Cool, huh?

You see, we have different tastes.  I'm more primal-like give me pepperoni. She's more refined, like green peppers.

So I made a pizza that would make us both happy.

First, the dough. Bought it at Shaheen's IGA.  It's good stuff.
It's a frozen disk of dough. It costs $1.79 and it's well worth it.
(This is the one that's still in the freezer for next time)
It thaws in about an hour and it's wicked spreadable (did I say wicked again?).

The pan I use is 18" in diameter. I bought it at the Christmas Tree Shop. It was like 6 bucks.
That was 2 years ago. It didn't fit into our old oven. When we got the new oven a couple of months ago I slid it in and waddya know? It fit.

So over the course of the last couple of weeks I've been playing around with the big pan. The small frozen doughs I buy at Sav-A-Lot for 99 cents are too small. 

This disk is perfect. Makes a wicked good pie (there I go again).

So here's the scoop. Nance likes peppers, onion, tomato, and garlic. I like onions, garlic and pepperoni.

I sauteed the onions, pepper and garlic. Things started smelling good.

I sliced some tomatoes. I ripped open the bag of pepperoni. I made her half and my half. 
Looked like this.

Then I baked it at 500 degrees until the edge and bottom got nice and brown. 
The top stuff wasn't quite done, so I turned on the broiler for a couple of minutes and crisped it up.
Looked like this when it was done.

Nice.

Wicked good.


3 comments:

  1. What's this with the "bought" crust? If I decide to report you, they'll kick your ass out of the club - you're aware of this, right? Damn, it takes as long for that store stuff to thaw as it would for you to stir the real stuff into being. Come on man - if you do these things, don't go around telling everyone - this is stuff you do with the doors locked and the shades drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to get a rise friend (pardon the pun) - actually, your finished product looks damn good. And I've had some excellent frozen doughs over the years - have fun!

    ReplyDelete