Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting My Bake On.....

I've been a lazy baker as of late, but this past week saw me back in the kitchen, where I made two different styles of bread.  

One is an old friend, and the other a new recipe.

Let's start with the new one.
This recipe is called Sesame White Bread and comes from Donna Currie's super cooking blog, Cookistry.

While my loaf didn't come out as pretty as Donna's, it wasn't too shabby.
It's a fairly quick bread to make, and as such could be made after work for an evening dinner.

For my first attempt, I was pleased.
Good, hearty white bread, not complicated.
I used the stand mixer for all kneading.

Then last night I made an old favorite, no-knead rustic for an early Easter dinner at the in-laws.
This too, is pretty simple (like the cook).

There's one.....

and the other.

As with Donna's recipe, this bread is easy and great for those just getting aquainted with yeast breads.
For each bread, I used Gold Medal Better for Bread Flour and Fleischman's Bread Machine Yeast that comes in a 4 oz. jar.

Eat well, and Happy Passover/Easter my friends.


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing you baking again - and that pudgy first loaf looks like you got it in the oven at just the perfect time! It's a goodie.

    Here's wishing you guys a warm and sunny Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doc- I hope it warms up, it was snowing yesterday, but it's supposed to get up to 50 or so today!

    ReplyDelete