Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Friday, January 21, 2011

Stuffed pie.......

I crossed the line a couple of nights ago and made a stuffed pizza.   Not quite deep-dish Chicago style, which was my intent, but we'll call it stuffed.  For the purists out there, was it pizza? 

No, more like a giant flat calzone. But, it looked like pizza, and tasted remarkably similar, considering the outcome, I was very satisfied. The reviewers said it was the best "pizza" I'd ever made.  

Here's the deal in a nutshell. 18" pan, Dough on bottom, spinach, mozz., sauteed onion and garlic in the middle. Another layer of dough (D'oh!), homemade sauce and cheese on top.

Here's the pics.


A lttle overdone on the bottom, but! Overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

I surprised myself. It was a labor intensive pie, more of a weekend project, but well worth the work.
Would I do it again?

Hell, yeah!



No comments:

Post a Comment