Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Friday, November 13, 2015

Gluten Free Pizza Dough...

Doh!

Hey kids, the better half is trying a gluten free diet. 
It's not a fad or anything like that.  And that's a story best told by her.

Anyways, I'm kind of tagging along, not GF but when I cook for the two of us, it's GF.

Went to Watertown the other day, and I found Bob's Red Mill GF pizza crust mix.






 Fairly easy to use. 
It comes with a yeast packet, add that to warm water, let it work for a few mins.
Add a couple of eggs, some Evoo and mix, I used the Kitchen Aid.
Let it sit for a bit.

Then spread it out.

It's a bit different than a standard dough here. 
It's more like a biscuit mix and since it lacks gluten it tends to separate.
But with wet hands I kept it smooshy and spread it out in my 18" pan to probably 16".
Looked like a pizza dough, well, sort of.

Threw that in the oven for 9 mins. at 450 , removed and let it cool.
Put homemade sauce on.
Topped it with parm/regg (out of the can) and shredded Mozz (out of a bag.)

For Nance, garlic, onion and beans (yup, white and black beans) .
Me, just cheese on my half.

Cooked that for another 15 minutes or so until the top was nice and brown.


You know what, it wasn't bad.

If I do it again, and I will, I'll make the crust thinner. This was a bit on the thick side.

Bottom line, better half  liked it, and that's all that really matters, right? 

Pizza, pizza!

Stay hungry my friends!



1 comment: