Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Peel a Tomato.....

Gotta keep sharing these pics, because soon all our tomatoes will be consumed or frozen.

These are the ones I'm going to freeze this afternoon.

They're Heirloom Mortgagesavers and Polish that my father-in-law has been growing for decades.

I'll dip them in boiling water until the skin splits (about a minute), give them a cold water rinse, take of the peels, core 'em, quarter 'em , vacuum pack 'em and freeze 'em.

Stay Hungry My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. soooo.... you may hate me for telling you about this *now* but I figure better late than never :) http://www.dishingthedivine.com/2011/09/17/tomato-puree/

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you won the homegrown corn giveaway! Sadly, we had server issues and I can't find your email address anywhere! :( Mind sending it to me? paula (at) dishingthedivine (dot) com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete