Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stuffed Meatballs.....

So yesterday was Monday and we all know Mondays suck, right?
After a decent weekend at camp and some relatively nice weather it was back to work.
So what to make on a Monday night, when you wished it was still the weekend?


I decided on spaghetti and meatballs early on.
But I didn't want just plain old pasta and meatballs, so I went on a surf to find something slightly different.
My search paid dividends, it was a total success.

Here's the recipe I found for Spaghetti with Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs.


It's actually two recipes, one for the meatballs, one for the sauce.
The sauce was similar to my go-to recipe, but I went with it anyway.  

I didn't have San Marzano crushed tomatoes, so I used Red Pack Brand which worked just fine.  Can't find San Marzano up here in God's Country.

For the meatballs, instead of one clove of garlic finely chopped I used about six, hey I like garlic.

Here's the progression.

Meatballs, pre-bake.

Post-bake. A couple popped, which is to be expected.

I sliced one in half-yes it's not cooked all the way through.

So I tossed them all in the sauce and let them finish cooking.  
A win-win, meatballs flavor the sauce and vice-versa.

The Result.
Sauce and meatballs on Barilla pasta with some homemade garlic bread.

The better half said they were the best meatballs I've ever made, and I have to agree.
The sauce was very good, I think I have another go-to.

And what do you do with the leftover sauce and meatballs?
Why, make hot meatball subs of course!
Comfort food all the way.

Eat well my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment