Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby, Baby, It's Cold Outside........

It's gone way below zero the last few nights here in dear old Tupper.

It'd be nice to say that it's unusual, but that's just Tupper being Tupper, or for that matter this neck of the woods in the Adirondacks in January (and February and March).

It's a good day to crank up the stove, watch an NCIS marathon, cook, and in my case, post some pics from the last month or so. Oh yes, there's the pile of laundry in the bedroom that needs to be addressed.

I know, I should be doing laundry, but it's not like it's going anywhere, so here are some pics.

Meat pies (Tourtiere in French) pre-bake.

It's a long time French Canadian tradition to make make meat pies for the Christmas Holiday.
 I can remember going to my Grandmother's house after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and having a slice.

For the past 3 or 4 years I've revived that tradition in my house.
I give them to family and friends and put a few in the freezer here.

Post-bake.

There are as many variations of meat pies as there are little towns and villages across Northern New York and Quebec.

Here's the recipe I use (Click Here).

Good food for a cold day!

The obligatory pizza pic.
Made that for a Syracuse basketball game last week.

And finally...
The puppy playing with a squash she found in the cupboard....
Can't wait until she stops teething!

So now I'm off to the kitchen or laundry room, or both.
Wait-the NCIS marathon is on!

Later!


2 comments:

  1. I'd go for the NCIS Marathon....in my cozy jammies of course, wrapped up with a fuzzy blanket and a cup of Coffee Almond Cream. :) Hope you took it easy...and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what, if it ever goes to anything below zero here, I'll move down to Calif! (and that'd be a major life adjustment for me). Yesterday, it got to 60 here, with sun no less - and we still consider it winter.

    I'll pray for you guys - damn, you got another dog? You can always put that red one in a box and send him out to me - I'm sure he'll enjoy it out here more than trying to take poop breaks at 30 below!

    ReplyDelete