Tupper Lake, November 6, 2012 by Jeff Boucher

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

It's time........

Yes, it's time. 
To resurrect the original Tupper Cooks!

I began the blog on January 15, 2010 pretty much for shits and giggles.
Any illusions I had of becoming a World Class Blogger quickly dissipated.
There are a bazillion blogs out there that are qualitatively and quantitatively way better than my little endeavor.

That said, I found it satisfying in that I could write about whatever I felt, take some pictures and post it. 
An on-line journal so to speak.  And I owned it, good, bad or otherwise.

 I'm glad I did simply for the reason that I would have forgot 99% of what I did over the past 5 years!

My last post, fittingly, was about a day trip Nance and I took with my late friend DM Cavanagh up[ to Heuvelton, NY to visit Picken's General Store.
DM loved the place and insisted I visit it with him.

I sure am glad I did, it was the last time we would meet face to face. We had all sorts of future plans on meeting up at the St. Lawrence where we'd fish, make pizza and drink beer. at our camps.  The best laid plans.....

A little more than a year ago DM succumbed to pancreatic cancer and all our plans got flushed down the toilet of life. Needless to say, Cancer sucks, but more importantly, had I not done the post on DM and Picken's  or our pizza party at Kate's I'd have had no record of it other than my memory, which quite honestly, ain't what it used to be!
I now look back from time to time, shed a tear, smile and drink a beer.

I made a couple of half-assed attempts at blogging on Word Press and Blogger, but none felt like this, this is my blogging home.

So welcome back to Tupper Cooks!

I'd think a post about pizza is forthcoming!

Waddya think DM?  Is it time?




No comments:

Post a Comment